AIC-7895

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Wed Mar 18 15:00:48 PST 1998

Robert G. Brown wrote:

> Since I seem to be first, I'll respond.  The latest aic7xxx drivers all
> support the aic-7895, but you may have to do a bit of hand-patchwork to
> install the drivers, depending on what kernel your using and how much
> you've patched it.  Basically, you need to install new aic7xxx sources
> and config information (which are all fairly localized in drivers/scsi),
> add a few lines to include/linux/pci.h (or drop in a replacement, if the
> diffs aren't significant) and change LOG_BUF_LEN to 32768 in
> kernel/printk.c.  After I did these things, I got clean 2.0.33 make and
> have unremarkable (that is, perfect) performance on a box with the
> 7895 onboard (Intel DK440KX motherboard).  There are problems in the
> (smp) kernel, but not in the aic7xxx driver as far as I can tell.

I'll simply add the location of these patches :)  The patches against 2.0.33
can be found at ftp.dialnet.net in /pub/linux/aic7xxx and the latest is
aic7xxx-5.0.8-patch.gz.  The FreeBSD is, as was originally mentioned, in the
latest CAM driver snapshots.  The FreeBSD code can be found at
ftp.FreeBSD.org in /pub/freebsd/cam (I think, is that right Justin)?

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but