JAZ drives on Adaptec 2940s

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Thu Mar 12 11:05:11 PST 1998

Paul Joselow wrote:

> Dear Group:
>
> I am thinking of getting a SCSI IOmega JAZ drive for a Linux box with an
> Adaptec 2940.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Enough to know that they work fine as long as you *don't* enable tagged
queueing on these drives.  Certain versions of their firmware will refuse
tagged queueing, and other versions will silently corrupt data if you send
multiple tagged commands.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but