more AIC problems

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed Mar 11 10:31:07 PST 1998

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Derek Seaman wrote:

> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, because using one SCSI card in my
> system is not a viable option for a production quality system.

It may not help you now, but the Intel DK440LX has a dual UW controller
integrated (aic7895) on the motherboard.  I'm only using scsi0 on mine,
but I would guess that if you popped the MoBo in a really large chassis
with a big disk compartment and lots of power and fans and all that, you
could build a pretty awesome eight+ disk server and conserve PCI slots.
Since I don't have disks on both controllers I couldn't tell you much
about parallelized access and performance, but one might hope to get
pretty excellent throughput.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu