2.1.8X boot hangs on 2940UW controller...

Daniel M. Eischen deischen at iworks.InterWorks.org
Tue Mar 10 05:43:49 PST 1998

> Daniel M. Eischen wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:
>
>  DME> It's not too clear from that last posting what BIOS he is
>  DME> talking about (motherboard or Adaptec).  It sounds like
>  DME> there is one SuperMicro BIOS version that has Adaptec BIOS
>  DME> version 1.25, and that this one works.
>
>  DME> If it's not the motherboard, I'm clueless...
>
> I can tell you from direct experience that the Supermicro P6DNF (dual Pentium
> Pro) is definitely *not* stable with SMP enabled and real AHA-2940UW cards
> using Adaptec BIOS 1.25.
>
> -- Mike

I haven't heard anything good about SuperMicro motherboards in
general.  If one searches the FreeBSD mailing list archives for
references to SuperMicro, I believe you'll find nothing but
problems (of course, that's usually what is posted to a mailing
list, isn't it ;-) ).

Dan Eischen
deischen at iworks.InterWorks.org