2.1.8X boot hangs on 2940UW controller...

Peter Svensson petersv at df.lth.se
Mon Mar 9 15:13:07 PST 1998

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Daniel M. Eischen wrote:

> That motherboard has reportedly had some problems.  Rumour has it
> that upgrading to Adaptec BIOS version 1.25 solves the problem
> (1.24 will not work).  Or try building your kernel without SMP
> support - perhaps that'll temporarily work around the problem.
> Search the FreeBSD SMP mailing list archives for P6DLS for reports
> on this motherboard.

I have the same problem, and a few more. I have a tyan 1668 (smp) with a
Buslogic FlashPoint dual-channel.

Another identical computer exept that it uses ide instead of scsi works
nicely.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv at df.lth.se> ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF