more 7895 probs....

tmuller at agora.rdrop.com tmuller at agora.rdrop.com
Mon Jun 22 18:46:18 PDT 1998

Hi,

Have your friend try 5.0.19 or 5.0.13.  These have worked for me.  Obviously,
if he is getting the scsi reset, trying harder syndrome, then it is finding
his controller.  In the 5.0.19 driver, Doug added some time delays for devices
that need more time to settle.  I think that this was my problem all along.

No.  I don't think that system's chipset is related.  It seems more related to
the devices not being given enough time to settle (whether or not it relates
to chipset speed).

Btw, I am not absolutely positive here.  Doug, what are your comments?

--
Thanks,
Troy

email: tmuller at agora.rdrop.com