Onboard AIC-7895 + Linux 2.0.34

Andrew Hall aah at impaq.net.au
Tue Jun 16 19:08:40 PDT 1998

Help!

I am trying to install the latest (RHS5.1) onto a TYAN S1836DLUAN thunder motherboard which has the adaptec dual channel AIC7895 UW chipset onboard. Drives are IBM DDRS 39130 UW drives.

I'm a relative newbie to Ultrawide so I need some help please..

My problem is:
1. Does the latest AIC7xxx.o support this chipset?
2. On install, redhat will find the adaptec chipset but seems to continuously time out looking for the devices (this is while trying to get it to use the standard aic7xxx.o module).
3. Am I doing something wrong, the drives install fine under Windows 95/NT, so I don't think it's any termination issues etc.

Any suggestions would be very very appreciated,

thanks,

Andrew.