Installing FreeBSD with aic7890

Todd Small tas at astro.caltech.edu
Mon Jun 15 21:38:20 PDT 1998

Hi,

I have a new (Dell) computer on which the SCSI hard drive is attached to
an onboard aic7890 controller.  While I know that there is now FreeBSD
support for this controller, the 2.2.6 CD-ROM release does not include
support for the controller and so, naturally, the installation of FreeBSD
fails. Can anyone suggest how I can go about installing FreeBSD on my
machine? For what it's worth, I do have access to older PCs on which I can
install FreeBSD.

Thanks in advance!

Todd Small