aic7xxx in linux 2.0.34

Nicolas Soriano Nicolas.Soriano at univ-rennes1.fr
Fri Jun 5 08:35:30 PDT 1998

Hello,

I'm using two adaptec AHA-2940UW on my machine for two years now
without any problem since last hour when I switched to the new
linux kernel 2.0.34.

All disks and drive are well detected at boot time by both bios
and aic7xxx driver, but at the "mount step" all drive with a letter
after "d" (sdd, sde, sdf) cannot be fscked nor mounted.
the error message is "not a valid device".

I've switched back to kernel 2.0.33 and now all is working back again.

Did I miss something in the new driver (I didn't find anything in
the README.aic7xxx except the address of this list ;-)

The driver is compiled in the kernel (not in module) and I don't use
any option.

Thank you for your attention ;-)

Nicolas.Soriano at univ-rennes1.fr