More Adaptec 2940UW Fun

Srinivas.Narendula at libnet.com Srinivas.Narendula at libnet.com
Fri Jun 5 06:17:05 PDT 1998

Chris Worley wrote:

> OK, now it least tries to detect devices under Linux 2.1.104-1, but
> after 50 minutes of command timeouts, it had yet to get past Device
> 0 LUN 5.
>
> This info is off the actual chip, but Linux still says the chip is
something
> else
>
> +-----------+
> | Adaptec   |
> | AIC-7880Q |
> | BQWA740   |
> | 740111    |
> | BC9594.1  |
> | HONG KONG |
> +-----------+
>
> alamar:~# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: QUANTUM  Model: VIKING 2.3 NSE   Rev: 8808
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: PLEXTOR  Model: CD-ROM PX-6XCS   Rev: 1a08
>   Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: IOMEGA   Model: ZIP 100          Rev: J.03
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 04 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: iomega   Model: jaz 1GB          Rev: G.72
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> Hopefully I get to use this controller soon.

Do me a favor, and let me know if the 5.0.18 driver on my ftp site helps
with this or not.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but

NOTE: I'm just now starting to recover from the Linux-Expo.  Most
      importantly, I'm just now getting around to answering a lot
      of my email.  So, if your message has lain around un-answered
      for many days, I apologize.