AIC-789x PCI Ultra2 SCSI Controller Driver

Srinivas.Narendula at libnet.com Srinivas.Narendula at libnet.com
Fri Jun 5 06:16:23 PDT 1998

Carsten Schuermann wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I noticed that the AIC7xxx driver does not work for some of the newer
> cards. I have been told that Adaptec does not release the specs, so
> hinders their development

Not true any more.  RedHat is even in the process of changing the status of
the aic7xxx driver and Adaptec cards from partially supported to tier #1
controller (just like the BusLogic cards) as we speak.

> Is there still hope that a driver for the
> AHA-294xU2/295xU2/AIC789x PCI Ultra2 SCSI controller is going to be
> available any time soon? Or are there any other Ultra2 SCSI controllers
> out there, which are already supported by Linux, and is it advisable to
> switch?

Ultra2 support should be coming soon.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but

NOTE: I'm just now starting to recover from the Linux-Expo.  Most
      importantly, I'm just now getting around to answering a lot
      of my email.  So, if your message has lain around un-answered
      for many days, I apologize.