SCSI Timeout with Adaptec 2940UW Rev. E (Bios 1.32)

Gerard Metrailler Jr. gmetrail at scdi.org
Fri Jun 5 05:41:25 PDT 1998

Hello,

Doug Ledford wrote:
> Try the 5.0.18 aic7xxx driver and let me know if this still happens.

The timeout dissapeared !!! Everything seemed to work fine. I took the
2.0.33 cleak kernel and applied the 5.0.18 driver. After a compilation
and a reboot, I made the dd if=/dev/zero of=test test and I created,
whithout any problem, a 200Mb file ;-)

But I haven't made a much longer test now. I hope it will be possible
for me to do it this week-end ;-)

Thank you very much for helping.

Best regards,

Gerard Metrailler Jr.
  SCDI Technologies  - Gerard Metrailler Jr. (Founder And President)
                     - EMail: gmetrail at scdi.org
 http://www.scdi.org - http://www.scdi.org/~gmetrail