Porting AIC 7890 support to linux

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Wed Jun 3 08:21:16 PDT 1998

Rune Fr|ysa wrote:

> I'm aware that the AIC7890 is supported under FreeBSD, but not under
> Linux. Is this port hard to do/is anyone working on it? I currently
> use a machine with the 7890 chipset, and would be happy to _try_
> porting the driver.

The difficulty level always depends on what Justin did with his latest
sequencer :)  It may not be that hard, unless he changed some of the more
subtle semantics of the sequencer, such as exactly what the kernel must do
when certain error conditions occur.  As for working on it, that's pretty
much next on my list since I think the 5.0.18 driver should pretty much
solve people's problems with negotiation issues.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but

NOTE: I'm just now starting to recover from the Linux-Expo.  Most
      importantly, I'm just now getting around to answering a lot
      of my email.  So, if your message has lain around un-answered
      for many days, I apologize.