Primary channel B?

Eugene Blanchard blanchas at cadvision.com
Thu Jul 30 21:31:49 PDT 1998

I am using an AHA2742N EISA card. I have set Channel B in the AHA2742
bios  as the primary channel for boot purposes. Channel B is internal
bus only, A is both internal and external.

I need to have Channel B scanned before Channel A so that my boot drive
appears as /dev/sda. Currently Channel A is scanned first and my boot
drive appears as /dev/sdd. Unfortunately, lilo requires the boot drive
to be bios C: (/dev/sda) or D: (/dev/sdb).

Is there a simple fix for this, swap channel number variables (0 and 1)
in the source files?

Thanks