2940-AU hanging : NO MORE HELP NEEDED !!!!!

Frédéric Baumann fbaumann at worldnet.fr
Thu Jul 30 16:54:40 PDT 1998

Thanks a very very lot to this mailing list.

After two full weeks of nightmare, trying to have miscellaneous SCSI
boards working on my PC/Linux, I've finally fixed my problems, and I
could not have fixed them without this mailing list. Special thanks to
Doug Ledford !!!

Doug reported me that there was some "definitive" address conflicts on
my PCI bus. So I found out on the web some sites speaking of my mother
board (the famous Si54P AIO :-)) ). The last two weeks, I had looked for
that also, but the cover page of the board documentation was by error
entitled "S154P AIO", instead of "Si54P AIO", so that my searches
failed !!!

So, tonight, I've found and downloaded a new version of the BIOS (an
Award one, instead of the Phoenix I had). After having crossed fingers
several times, in order to be sure that my PC would reboot after the
update, it crashed, but after several very long seconds, I pressed the
Reset button, and it rebooted !!!

I could boot Linux 2.0.29, with my SCSI board recognized. Finally, I
could also start XFree86 without problems, and ultimately, I could run
the scanner utility program, xscanimage.

AND I CAN NOW USE MY SCSI SCANNER UNDER LINUX !!!!

So, once again, thanks a lot,
Frederic

E-mail : fbaumann at worldnet.fr
Web : http://home.worldnet.fr/~fbaumann