Success report: AIC7890 / ASUS P2B-LS

Wallace Owen owen at nosc.mil
Wed Jul 29 11:27:51 PDT 1998

George Vicherek wrote:

> OK, I have applied the restart_sequencer patch and I got both wide and
> narrow devices working (RedHat 5.1, 2.1.109-pre5+ kernel). Many thanks
> again to all who have contributed.
>
> George
>
> Patrick W. Bryant wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, George Vicherek wrote:
> > > This is to report flawless operation of AIC7890 on ASUS-P2B-LS
> > > motherboard with Fujitsu MAB3091 U2W drive with pre-5 on 2.1.109 kernel.
> >
> > Wow: I disabled the BIOS for my aic7890 and voila! The machine boots and I
> > can mount the drive that's on it. I'm using 2.0.35 (BTW, thanks for all
> > the responses on obtaining the kernel source) with aic7xxx pre5, plus the
> > change Doug recommended the other day . . .
> >

> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
> with "unsubscribe aic7xxx" in the body of the message

Where do I get the restart_sequencer patch (and others)?  I'm trying
to get my ASUS P2B-D/P2D-BS 7890-equipped motherboard.  I'm using
2.1.109 with the aic78xx pre-5 patch applied, and when booting gets
to the driver it sends the reset, delays 5 sec, then aborts with a
time out, 'tries harder', and aborts the reset.  Over and over.

Hardware: dual P-IIs, 400MHz, ASUS BX motherboard with aic7890, 128MB
          RAM, 9GB ultra wide drive.

  // Wally