ESG-SHV SCA HSBP M5 Problem

Richard Neal G. Plana richip at mozcom.com
Fri Jul 24 20:20:36 PDT 1998

Hi,

Has anyone succesfully used the aic7xxx driver with ANY SCSI controller
(which it supports, of course) and the ESG-SHV SCA Hot Swap Back Plane
firmware? I keep getting unending reset loops everytime I initalize the
SCSI driver with this particular harddisk bay that I have.

I'm using an Intel R440LX motherboard with built-in AIC7880UW controller.
I tried an Adaptec 2940UW and got the same results. The HSBP firmware
seems to identify itself with ID 6 and the scsi driver loops when it tries
to reset this device ("trying harder" it says).

L   L Richi Plana 8^)         ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-
LL LL Systems Administrator  / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / /
LLLLL Mosaic Communications, Inc. \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /
LLLLL mailto:richip at mozcom.com     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'