(Partial) Success report: AIC7890

George Vicherek george at ied.com
Thu Jul 23 16:04:21 PDT 1998

Hi All and especially Doug,

This is to report flawless operation of AIC7890 on ASUS-P2B-LS
motherboard with Fujitsu MAB3091 U2W drive with pre-5 on 2.1.109 kernel.
Flawless means I was not able to observe any problems after a couple of
hours of work. All I had to do to make it work was to disable Adaptec
BIOS.
Now, I have a feeling that with the pre-4 release I have seen 80MByte
transfer rate reported while now it is "only" 40MByte. And - of course -
I still have to keep my old dear Symbios 53C875 around for those narrow
devices. Looking forward to see narrow devices working on AIC7890 as
well.
Thanks, Dough and all of the others who are participating.

-- george