Ignore SCSI devices

Richard Neal G. Plana richip at mozcom.com
Tue Jul 21 10:43:24 PDT 1998

Hi, Guys.

Earlier I mentioned a problem I had with the Intel R440LX motherboard
which has an AIC7880 SCSI controller. It has two Seagate harddisks on id's
3 and 4 and the controller is set on 7. Initializing the driver seems to
loop infinitely when it tries to reset id 6 (which the SCSI BIOS
identifies as HSB something or other). My question: is there a way to tell
the aic7xxx driver to ignore certain SCSI devices based on ID?

If not, where should I start hacking (in aic7xxx.c) in order to create a
Boot time option like:

linux aic7xxx=disable_lun:5

etc.? I'm desperate enough to try anything and no one seems to know what's
wrong.

L   L Richi Plana 8^)         ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-
LL LL Systems Administrator  / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / /
LLLLL Mosaic Communications, Inc. \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /
LLLLL mailto:richip at mozcom.com     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'