2.0.35 and aic7xxx

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Mon Jul 20 15:31:58 PDT 1998

Robert G. Brown wrote:

> Aha and indeed.  In Justin's sequencer, one of the FASTMODE flags is
> FAILDIS.  This would alter the value of just one bit, and might indeed
> cause a parity/crash.  Maybe?  I try it...
>
> and EUREKA!  It WORKS!  My system suddenly has two whole scsi devices.
>
> It promptly dies (possibly because of a timeout induced by the absurd
> delays I introduced), but I'll bet that if Doug and/or Patrick
> converts the middle FASTMODE flag to FAILDIS on an unhacked driver, it
> will magically work (or at least die further on).
>
> I'll try it myself in a minute, but I didn't save a particularly clean
> original (:-< and will have to put back the original and relayer the
> patches before making just the one change.

:)   Well, this is a thanks to Robert for tracking that one down.  In 10,000
lines of code, it can be fairly easy to make a typo like that and have it go
unnoticed (blushing).  Thanks Robert, it will be shortly fixed in my source
code...

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but