2.0.35 and aic7xxx

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Jul 20 14:55:12 PDT 1998

Aha and indeed.  In Justin's sequencer, one of the FASTMODE flags is
FAILDIS.  This would alter the value of just one bit, and might indeed
cause a parity/crash.  Maybe?  I try it...

and EUREKA!  It WORKS!  My system suddenly has two whole scsi devices.

It promptly dies (possibly because of a timeout induced by the absurd
delays I introduced), but I'll bet that if Doug and/or Patrick
converts the middle FASTMODE flag to FAILDIS on an unhacked driver, it
will magically work (or at least die further on).

I'll try it myself in a minute, but I didn't save a particularly clean
original (:-< and will have to put back the original and relayer the
patches before making just the one change.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu