Adaptec recent decision

Daniel Lakeland dlakelan at silcon.com
Fri Jul 17 14:03:48 PDT 1998

So what has/will-be the effect of the recent Adaptec decision to release
documentation and hardware to the free software community in order to
produce quality drivers? Have they done it?

It seems like almost everyone running the aic7xxx drivers under linux
2.0.33-2.0.35 has trouble (including me with my plain vanilla AHA-2940
in an SMP box) and I'm hoping that someone will get some good info from
Adaptec so we can get a stable effective driver, so I can use my
scanner...

:-)

In any case, I'm willing to write to the proper people at Adaptec to
lean on them if necessary.