5.1.0-pre2-to-pre3

Patrick W. Bryant daspwb at Queequeg.Gsu.EDU
Fri Jul 17 13:36:14 PDT 1998

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Doug Ledford wrote:

> Turn off the panic_on_abort and verbose options and see if it will boot
> any further normally.

Actually, without panic_on_abort (even with verbose), it hangs on "407
instructions downloaded" -- same with niether option.

> However, there is something else to consider here as well, there was no
> bus reset in the above info. Please make sure that the no_reset option
> is not in use, and that the Adaptec SCSI BIOS is configured to reset the
> scsi bus at IC init time.

I'm not using no_reset, and reset at IC init is set.

I just saw Robert's message reporting the same problem.  We have the same
motherboard, both with SMP.  I'll re-compile without SMP enabled and see
if that helps(?)

-Patrick

PS-thanks for the quick response, Doug. I've been reloading your
7890-Status file every hour for a week and a half ;-)

   P a t r i c k  W.  B r y a n t

     College of Arts & Sciences
    Internet Technology Services