Pre-release patches of aic7xxx-5.1.0 for linux available.

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Wed Jul 8 20:06:46 PDT 1998

Even though I haven't released the official 5.1.0 driver yet, the code is
close enough that I've now released some test patches for kernels 2.0.34 and
2.1.108.  The code should work on all non-Ultra2 controllers, and as of pre2
very well might work on a decent number of the Ultra2 controllers as well,
we'll see.  In any case, the code is at ftp.dialnet.net:/pub/linux/aic7xxx.
In there you will find the 7890-Status file, which is a psuedo dairy of the
last few days while trying to get this code out, and you will also find the
testing directory which contains any pre-release patches that I put out on
this driver, and currently has two releases already in there.  Reports so
far have been encouraging, so I would recommend that anyone who has been
having problems with things like "Bad SCBPTR" messages and the latest 5.0.x
driver please give this one a try and see if it doesn't work better for you.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but