Linux 2.0.34 and aic7xxx v5.0.1[49] driver

Andrea Dell'Amico adellam at zia.ms.it
Sun Jul 5 05:28:42 PDT 1998

On Sat, 4 Jul 1998, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

   On Sunday 28 June 1998, at 10 h 37, the keyboard of Stephane Bortzmeyer
   <stephane at sources.org> wrote:

   > > I'm having problems with the new aic7xxx driver as shipped with
   > > Linux kernel version 2.0.34.  As others have reported on this

   BTW, the problem is the same with Linux 2.0.35pre5.

   When the box succeed in booting, the two CD drives are not detected.

   dmesg :

   aic7xxx: Warning - detected auto-termination on controller:
   aic7xxx: <Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra SCSI host adapter> at PCI 11/0
   aic7xxx: Please verify driver detected settings are correct.
   aic7xxx: If not, then please properly set the device termination
   aic7xxx: in the Adaptec SCSI BIOS by hitting CTRL-A when prompted
   aic7xxx: during machine bootup.
   aic7xxx: Cables present (Int-50 YES, Int-68 YES, Ext-68 NO)
   aic7xxx: Termination (Low OFF, High ON)

Did you try to manually set the adapter termination? It makes a
difference for me.

ciao
andrea