Linux kernel 2.0.32-2.0.34 upgrade breaks Adaptec 3940

Charl Barnard charl at up.ac.za
Wed Jul 1 23:12:26 PDT 1998

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a FAQ; I haven't found reference to an archive of this
list in the list's welcome message:

Last night I upgraded a PII dual 333MHz with an Adaptec 3940 UW from Linux
kernel version 2.0.32 to 2.0.34, with the unexpected result that the new
version not only detects disks and controllers in a different order, but
also doesn't detect all connected disks !

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

-- Charl