No subject

Jason Welsh jwelsh at mci.net
Fri Jan 23 12:18:13 PST 1998

im trying to run slackware, or doslinux on a compaq 6000 with an adaptec
pci scsi controller (2940). anyway, my fdisk looks like this
i saw in the howto that the 2940 needs "294x support requires a
newer version of the driver" can i do this with the slackware or
the doslinuxs (doslinux, monkey, mini)? my scsi drive is set for id 0, the
adaptec is at irq 9 and io 1000

                        Display Partition Information

  Current fixed disk drive: 1

  Partition  Status   Type    Volume Label  Mbytes   System   Usage
      1              Non-DOS                   24                1%
      2         A    Non-DOS                    8                 %
   C: 3              PRI DOS                  988   FAT16       49%
      4              EXT DOS                  981               49%

  Total disk space is 2000 Mbytes (1 Mbyte = 1048576 bytes

when i boot with the slackware boot disk 1.44 format for the Aha2x4x.s
driver, my computer ends up rebooting while the kernel is loading from the
boot disk. i dont even get to the root disk part.  it looks like its
power management stuff, the screen goes blank and my pc reboots.
ive even tried passing the parameter mount root=/dev/sda3 but to no
avail.. is there an an aha152x= equivalent parameter for the 294x??
any suggestions?

p.s. partition 4 is running os2 in case youre wondering.

          __  _-==-=_,-.
               >=\\_/`<
|  Jason D. Welsh    jwelsh at mci.net      |     If you think there's         |
|  internetMCI Activation & Support      |     good in everybody, you       |
|  phone:919.572.3839 vnet:952.3839      |     haven't met everybody.       |