Micropolis 1991w disks and Adaptec 2940 ultra (off topic)

Karl Pielorz kpielorz at tdx.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 06:44:37 PST 1998

Well, I guess I should bow to peoples 'working' experiences getting these
drives to work...

Mine never worked, I still think it might not be supported by 'all' drives -
but if other people have gotten it working, I'm not going to argue...

The motto of this story: If you've got wide drives, get a wide controller, if
you can't - good luck, they'll 'probably' work - It might be worth seeing if
all the working drives that people have mentioned mention SCSI-Narrow
compatability in their manuals somewhere? - The 2 drives I've tried this with
never mentioned it... :-(

ho hum...

Kp