Support for the new 2940U2W

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at narnia.plutotech.com
Mon Jan 19 16:45:56 PST 1998

In article <XFMail.980119162446.dledford at dialnet.net> you wrote:

> On 19-Jan-98 Egal wrote:
>>I would like to know if your aic7xxx driver (under Linux)
>>would recognize the new Adaptec 2940 Ultra2SCSI host adapter card
>>with its 7890 chip.
>>If not, could you give me further information on how to make it work
>>under Linux or on its future support ?
>
> Currently, it could be supported with only minor changes, but not at Ultra 2
> speeds.

Actually there are other changes in the 789[01] that require "not
so minor" driver changes.  I started looking into this over the
weekend and have made some initial design decisions on how to deal
with these chips and I hope to have support in the CAM driver later
this week.  I have a 2940U2W here to test the changes on, but I
don't have any U2 devices yet.

--
Justin