First Impression of version 5.0.0

Eric Geyer corduroy at sfo.com
Mon Jan 19 15:17:30 PST 1998

I just had one note, and this applies only to the 3940 family.  There is note
in the README (note 5 to be exact)  that mentions the "reverse_scan" variable
in the aic7xxx.c module.  I believe that many 3940 users will have to set this
to make their controllers scan the drivers in the same order as the older
versions of the driver did.  I don't think that this is a problem, because
IMHO, the older version scanned in the wrong order, because of some weirdness
in many PCI BIOS implementations.  It would be nice if this was a config
parameter, but I can handle the situation as it is.  Anyway, after I fixed this
small problem, everything worked great.  Thanks to Doug, Justin, Dan, and
anyone else who contributed to this driver.

Cheers
Eric Geyer
corduroy at sfo.com