AHA2940 -> Endless Loop (Crash)

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Mon Jan 12 07:54:16 PST 1998

On 12-Jan-98 Grahame Jordan wrote:
>Sometimes I get
>aix7xxx Target 0 underflow - Wanted (at least) (49512) got (42496)
>count(1).

Well, most possible reset loops in the linux aic7xxx driver have been solved
with my patch.  The only ones I get reports of any more are actually the
devices going into the loop on a command they can't handle (usually when a
drive has *REALLY* gone dead it might do this).  Your problem could be
something like that, but jugding by the underflow amount you listed above, I
would almost tend to think you need a low level disk format to fix the
problem.  Of course, doing that, you will lose everything currently on the
disk.

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford at dialnet.net>
Date: 12-Jan-98
Time: 09:51:04