2940 controller lockup?

Michel Eyckmans (MCE) mce at tornado.be
Wed Jan 7 14:33:25 PST 1998

>                 under the Advanced options is the SCAM Plug-n-Play
> support,  it needs to be disabled if I remember correctly (or is it
> enabled)?

It has to be enabled. But that really should not be needed.
Things should work fine without it. What's more: they do so
with M$ OS-es. And as I wrote to the list over a year ago,
I even managed to got a few occasional warm boots out of an
AU after running Linux. I never managed to know how I did it,
though...

There's got to be a bug somewhere, and I'm not convinced
it's in the hardware.

         MCE
M. Eyckmans (MCE)          Code of the Geeks v3.1         mce at tornado.be
GCS d+ s+:- a32 C+++$ UHLUASO+++$ P+ L+++ E--- W++ N+++ !o K w--- !O M--
 V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP- t--- !5 !X R- tv- b+ DI++ D-- G++ e+++ h+(*) !r y?