Tagged Queueing and Dque Bit

Klaus Steinberger Klaus.Steinberger at Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Wed Jan 7 02:30:37 PST 1998

> Bingo, I think you have the Gold medal now! :)  Why does IBM and Seagate
> ship their drives that way?  Especially since getting in with a SCSI mode
> page editor is a *very* dangerous task for the uninitiated?  Are they
> looking for something to increase the work load in an otherwise underworked
> tech support and RMA staff?

At least IBM seems to have learned. I have a bunch of newer IBM drives
(like DORS-32160W), and these have the correct Dque setting.

Maybe it was also an OEM case, as the drive on which I had the problem
was a OEM drive for SGI (the drive was originally in a Indigo, till it
was much too small to hold IRIX). The drive even claims to be from
vendor SGI, Product id is IBMDSAS-3540.

Sincerly,
Klaus

--
Klaus Steinberger               Beschleunigerlabor der TU und LMU Muenchen
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287        Hochschulgelaende, D-85748 Garching, Germany