Speaking of onboard SCSI controllers

Jyrki Tuomi jjt at cs.uta.fi
Thu Jan 1 03:44:24 PST 1998

On Sun, 28 Dec 97 22:53:00 -0000, mikebw at bilow.bilow.uu.ids.net (Mike Bilow)
 wrote:
>Alex wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:
>
> A> I've heard that an Adaptec 2940 (the PCI card ;-) ) has three
> A> connectors (one external, two internal), and only one of the
> A> internal conncetors can be used at a time.
>
>No.  There are three connectors:
>
>   A.  Internal wide
>   B1. Internal narrow
>   B2. External wide
>
>You can use:
>
>   1. A only            -- termination high on, low on
>   2. B1 only           -- termination high on, low on
>   3. B2 only           -- termination high on, low on
>   4. A and B1          -- termination high on, low off
>   5. A and B2          -- termination high off, low off

Has the A2940UW specification changed at some point of time?  I have a fairly
old A2940UW and the User's Guide in fact lists one more valid configuration
(expressed in Mike's terminology):
    6. B1 and B2         -- termination high on, low off

        Jyrki
--
Jyrki Tuomi                    |  "The only bright side to this [global envi-
         jjt at cs.uta.fi         |  ronment pollution] is that eventually there