2 SCSI-Controllers with linux?

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Thu Feb 19 13:20:59 PST 1998

Sheldon E. Newhouse wrote:

> Doug Ledford writes:
>  > Piete Brooks wrote:
>  > >
>  > > > A very short question: "Is it possible to use two AHA2940 Controllers
>  > > > with Linux or are there any known problems?"
>  > >
>  > > A related question: If I have an AIC-7880 and an AHA-294X (one on the
>  > > motherboard, the other on a PCI card), is there a way to select to *JUST* use
>  > > one of them, and to ignore the other completely ?
>  >
>  > Not without hacking the source code and recompiling.
> May depend on the motherboard.  I have an Intel dual processor board. In
> the BIOS I just disabled the onboard aic7895.  The aha2940UW pci card
> works fine alone.

In his original email he noted that the BIOS doesn't let him disable the
controller entirely.

> Probably  >
>  > > <BACKGROUND>
>  > > RedHat 5.0, Linux 2.0.32, aic7xxx module, I'm a comparative SCSI newbie ....
>  > >
>  > > Someone ordered a Dual PII/300 system using a R440LX Motherboard
>  > > ( http://www.intel.com/design/servers/R440LX/ ) and a SCSI disk.
> Exactly my configuration.  Proceed as above.

Nope, you have a DK440LX motherboard, he has an R440LX motherboard.  The
difference is in the SCSI controller.  Yours is a 7895, his is a 7880.  BTW,
the latest driver at my ftp site works quite well with the aic7895 on the
DK440LX motherboard.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but