Adaptec 2940UW

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Thu Feb 19 09:32:57 PST 1998

Susan Burgee wrote:

> I am new to this mailing list so I apologize if this question has been asked and answered.
> I am planning on purchasing a PC which has an Adaptec 2940UW SCSI.  I have heard
> that Adaptec has made changes in their firmware for the 2940 at various times
> that has broken both Linux and FreeBSD.  Does anyone know if it is wise to try
> to install Linux (SuSE 5.0) on this PC or should I try to get a different SCSI?
> Has anyone had success or problems with this?

Any more, the aic7xxx support is fairly stable, although I've seen a few
cards that were busted and returned bogus values to the driver.  I usually
take a try it and see attitude since well over 95% of the cards don't have
any problems.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but