IRQ 9 is a bad choice?

Ronald van Loon rvloon at motif.xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 12 12:50:53 PST 1998

|"I have been having problems with my aha2940au and I noticed that it
|"shares its IRQ 9 with a couple of other devices (EGA (with my Diamond
|"Stealth 200 pro) and the normal cascade with IRQ 2).
|"
|"My machine in Win95 mode locks up after about a day of uptime.  My linux
|"also locks up mostly after heavy disk access.
|"
|"Is IRQ9 a bad choice for the SCSI controller?

Yes. It's usually a bad idea to share IRQs with a videocard anyway. I have
heard testimony from other people as well.

Ronald van Loon  - Motif++  Maintainer (motif++-request at motif.xs4all.nl)
                 - ALW List Maintainer (alw-request at motif.xs4all.nl)

                        - rvloon at motif.xs4all.nl -