Enable disconnection

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Thu Feb 12 05:14:07 PST 1998

Jacques B. Siboni wrote:

> Selva and Srinivas,
>
> Thank you for your answers. The point is that I enabled ALL OF THE
> DISCONNECTIONS with cntrl A scsi setup.
>
> When I check the differences between the 2 /proc files it seems there is
> a version problem.
>
> Selva Nair wrote:
> >
> > I dont have much idea about scsi internals, but here is what I have
> > on /proc/scsi/aic7xxx. I recently upgraded my kernel from 2.0.0 to
> > 2.0.33 with the latest aic7xxx patch (5.0.5) as the aic7xxx module was
> > failing with resource busy error in my old set up.
> >
> > Selva
> >

> Here is Selva's:
>
>  Adapter Configuration:
> >            SCSI Adapter: Adaptec AHA-2940A Ultra SCSI host adapter
> >                            Narrow Controller
> > Disconnect Enable Flags: 0x00ff
>
> Here is mine:
>

> >    Adaptec AIC7xxx driver version: 4.0/3.2/4.0
> >
> >         Target Disconnect: Disabled
> >

> Do you confirm it is a release number problem?

You know, it's been so long since I ran the 4.0 driver version that I can't
remember, but the whole problem may just be an issue of failing to print the
right information.  In any case, Selva's output indicates that disconnection
is enabled on the base 8 devices.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but