SCSI Specs & Comparisons - answers (long) (fwd)

Andrew Reilly reilly at zeta.org.au
Wed Feb 11 16:31:23 PST 1998

On 11 Feb, Mike Bilow wrote:
[A whole bunch of interesting and accurate definitions and:]

> This is not correct.  The "default" speed is 3.3 Mo/s, which is the maximum
> asynchronous operation speed.  If the devices so negotiate, they can operate
> synchronously at 5 Mo/s.

Is the asynchronous rate is limited like that?  I've read blurbs from
Symbios that claim that they've achieved 7MHz asynchronous operation
between two of their more recent controllers.  Maybe there is a limit in
the definition, and Symbios were just blowing steam?

--
Andrew

"The steady state of disks is full."
				-- Ken Thompson