IBM DFHS S2W drive problem (scb related?)

Rob Browning rlb at cs.utexas.edu
Sun Feb 8 21:24:39 PST 1998

I'm trying to attach an IBM DFHS S2W drive (it's a wide drive) to a
2940 with a 9GB barracuda.  The card recognizes and spins up the
drives, but when the OS level scsi driver loads and gets to the point
of recognizing the IBM, it prints "sending SDTR!" message followed
immediately by a blur of SCSI bus reset messages.  I can't read them
clearly, because it's in a tight loop, but I was able to gather these
snippets (their order may be wrong):

  Issuing bus device reset
  Bus device reset delivered, 1 SCBs aborted
  Aborting scb0

There's more info printed in the loop, but I can't read it well enough
to write it down.  I thought I recalled someone posting about a
similar problem a couple of months ago, but I wasn't sure.  Does
anyone recall, or Is there an archive of the list somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Adaptec AIC7xxx driver version: 4.1/3.2
Compile Options:
  AIC7XXX_RESET_DELAY    : 15
  AIC7XXX_TAGGED_QUEUEING: Enabled
  AIC7XXX_PAGE_ENABLE    : Enabled
  AIC7XXX_PROC_STATS     : Disabled

Adapter Configuration:
           SCSI Adapter: Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra SCSI host adapter
                         (AIC-788x chipset)
               Host Bus: Wide
                Base IO: 0xfc00
         Base IO Memory: 0xffbeb000