Tape drive needs a BUS_DEVICE_RESET but isn't getting one

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 00:35:06 PST 1998

Doug Ledford wrote:

> > Of course I also need to figure out what the application is doing that causes
> > the initial hangup, but there certainly should be some way to recover without
> > rebooting.
> >
> > Is there some way to force a BUS_DEVICE_RESET that I don't know about?  Any
> > suggestions appreciated.
>
> I'll fix that for a 5.1.7 driver.  FWIW, when a queued abort command
> can't make it to the device, the aic7xx driver already recognizes that
> fact and when the mid level SCSI code calls into the reset function for
> a BDR we escalate the action to a full bus reset, I just missed the case
> of SELTO since this usually happens when the bus is completely wedged,
> not when it's operable.

I just fixed that bug.  FWIW, it was a stupid problem, in
aic7xxx_handle_scsiint() for the section on SELTO != 0, I had a test of
if (p->flags & SCB_QUEUED_ABORT) that should have been if (scb->flags &
SCB_QUEUED_ABORT).....duhh....I hate those kinds of mistakes.  Anyway,
it's entered for 5.1.7.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford at redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but