Offer to test the linux aic7xxx driver

Venkatesh Krishnamurthi vk at spies.com
Fri Dec 11 12:57:39 PST 1998

  I realise that support for the 7890 chipset is still at an experimental stage
and want to know if there was some way in which I can help test it out.

  I have a ASUS P2B-DS motherboard, with the onboard 7890, and the linux
aic7xxx 5.1.5 driver defaults to using async transfers to my UW (10K RPM) HDDs.
As I see it, it is in my best interest that the driver gets tested on a
configuration similar to mine :-)

  So, if the developers would like me to help with the beta test of pre-release
drivers, I'd be delighted to volunteer my services.

Sincerely,

Venkatesh