AHA2940U with Quantum TM2110S

Alexander Bornik alex at halex.ml.org
Wed Dec 2 01:32:56 PST 1998

Hi,

Two weeks ago I told you about my problems with my two TM2110S-drives.
They worked quite well using older driver. One detail: the drive that did
not work didn't have the ID set manually ( was auto-assigned by SCAM),
while the IDs of all other drives were set manually.
The old drivers used to accept this configuration but 5.1.2 as shipped
with RH 5.2 and 5.1.4 didn't.

Next time I set the ID for this drive manually, and it worked!
My question: is this a problem that does only occur using a TM2110S or
does it only occur in case you have a mixed configuration (some IDs set
per jumpers, some by SCAM).

I can live with the fact that I have to set all the IDs manually, but it
took me a long time to discover the reason for this, so I hope it may help
some people with the same problem ...

ALEXANDER BORNIK alias alex at halex.ml.org