problem using the aha2940 card with linux 2.0.35 (& 2.1.117)

Tani Hosokawa unknown at virtualynx.com
Tue Aug 25 13:12:36 PDT 1998

But you're able to get it to work fine with the 2.0.34 kernel?  I can't
compile the one that came with Slackware, so I guess I'll download a clean
copy off kernel.org or something.  Maybe I can swap in the AIC7xxx driver
from the 2.0.34 kernel into 2.0.35.  The only thing is, I don't have total
control over this beasty, so I don't want to accidentally down the machine
for any period of time.