Tag Queue Depth List?

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Mon Aug 24 12:00:36 PDT 1998

Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

> Is any list available containing SCSI drive / tage queu depth pairs?

Quantum Fireball Tempest -  no more than 13 to be safe
   "       "     Stratus -  hard limit of 8 in firmware
Other Quantum drives     -  tend to do OK at around 24
Seagate drives           -  I recommend from 24 to 32
Micropolis drives        -  I don't recommend TQ operation
Iomega Jaz drives        -  some models silently corrupt with TQ
Fujitsu drives           -  seem to be fine with 24 to 32, but I've
                            only got personal exp. with the M2934S
Others                   -  ? No personal exp.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but