Micropolis 3387NS and Tagged Queueing

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Mon Aug 24 11:56:03 PDT 1998

Brian Ristuccia wrote:

> Does anyone know the maximum safe queue depth for this drive and my
> aic7xxx controller?
>
> It looks like tagged queueing is currently disabled. Any idea what the
> performance penalty is for this?

I've heard of data corruption problems with some Micropolis drives and
tagged queueing.  To be on the safe side, I would simply leave it disabled
on Micropolis drives.  The performance hit you take from this varies from
drive to drive depending on the quality of the drives firmware.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but