Linux 2.0.35 crash....

W. Wade, Hampton whampton at staffnet.com
Fri Aug 21 07:25:54 PDT 1998

I have Linux 2.0.34 on a dual PII/300 (Dell P400, separate
SCSI controller).  It works well, but access to the
parallel port ZIP is VERY slow, hence I am trying
2.0.35.  Boot of 2.0.35 results in a bunch of messages
(not the timeout, retrying sequence), and I can not
get it to properly boot Linux.  Going back to 2.0.34, all
works...

Is there a later driver that I can plug into 2.0.35?  Or
should I try 2.1.117 (I'm trying it anyway).

BTW, what is the FTP site for the driver.

I know this has been posted several times, but
I was working fine until....

Cheers,

--
W. Wade, Hampton

Use Linux -- stability, performance, compatibility, flexibility,
scalability, and FREE!  Support Sun and the U.S. Government!