Official word on [23]940 problems, and archives

Peter J. Holzer hjp at wsr.ac.at
Tue Aug 18 02:47:46 PDT 1998

On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 09:32:24PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Sunday 9 August 1998, at 8 h 27, the keyboard of mark at vielle.datasys.net
> (Mark R. Lindsey) wrote:
>
> > Where are the archives of this list?

It should be up. The newest message is about 5 hours old. It may be a
little confusing though:

The index pages don't switch at any particular date but after every
hundred messages (to keep them at a reasonable length). Since there are
over 8000 messages in the archive, there are over 80 index pages.

The link "This month (August 1998)" points to the first index page
containing any messages from August. This page also contains a lot of
messages from July.

Somebody posted a message with date "July 2009", so this will probably
always stay the last thread in the archive.

The best way to use the archive is probably to use the search engine
(click on the eye symbol at the bottom of the page).

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer          \  Just the place for a Snark!
__/   | http://wsrx.wsr.ac.at/~hjp/ \		-- Lewis Carrol