Redhat 5.1 bootdisk

Tom Bylander bylander at trurl.cs.utsa.edu
Sat Aug 8 19:36:17 PDT 1998

> Hi everybody
>
> I am desperate. I only have one harddrive in my machine connected to the
> aic7890 u2w adapter. Without a bootdisk I can neither install linux, nor
> apply the pre-6 patch nor recompile the kernel. Could anybody please provide
> me with a bootdisk image, maybe even one which let me install redhat 5.1
> then?
>
> Many thanks in advance for getting me out of this vicious circle.
>
> -- Carsten

Though things are not quite right yet, redhat 5.1 installation and
boot floppies that might work for you are available at:

  http://www.cs.utsa.edu/research/AI/bylander/linux/dell-precision.html

As you might guess, my machine is a Dell Precision Workstation, which
has the AIC7890-U2W SCSI adapter, and my instructions at the above web
page work for me.

If you try it, let me know how it works out.

Tom Bylander
bylander at cs.utsa.edu