seagate cheetah LVD

Serge Egelman serge at egel2.med.umn.edu
Mon Aug 3 10:06:53 PDT 1998

hi,
    after finally getting my 2940u2w to work under linux I found that
there is absolutely no improvement over my AIC-7895 (on board).  I am
getting only 18 mb/s sustained.  I talked to the seagate people and they
said this is normal.  But I know I can get faster because the cheetah on
the sgi octane does about 30-40 mb/s.  Is there any way of getting
faster than 18 mb/s?

serge egelman